Effective at 12:01 AM on August 28th, 2016, Oregon Department of Forestry moved to Industrial Fire Precaution Level 3, in accordance with ORS 477.625, ORS 477.670, and OAR 629-043-0070. This order allows limited activities on all lands protected by the Goshen and Pleasant Hill Fire Districts and all forestland within one-eighth mile thereof. This order is aligned with similar orders from Western Lane and East Cascade Districts of ODF. Due to the weather conditions and forecasts which have brought us lower temperatures, decreased winds, and increased humidity, and to bring the entire district into the same precaution level, as Fire Chief I am issuing the modifying the previous emergency order dated August 26, 2016:
Effective at 12:01 AM on August 29th, 2016, in accordance with ORS 478.960, I hereby order the following restrictions for all lands protected by Goshen and Pleasant Hill Rural Fire Protection Districts:
1. Barbeques, portable cooking stoves, campfires, warming fires, cooking fires, and ceremonial fires are allowed at all designated public campgrounds and other sites with developed fire pits. Fire pits outside of public campgrounds must be surrounded by 10 feet of non-flammable surface, and a shovel and charged garden hose must be available.
2. Power equipment such as mowers, chain saws, stump grinders, etc. may be operated before 10:00 AM or after 8:00 PM. One shovel and a charged garden hose or one fire extinguisher is required to be immediately available.
3. Smoking is allowed while traveling in vehicles on improved roads. No smoking outside of buildings or vehicles in any area with dry grass, brush, or trees.
4. Cutting, grinding, and welding of metal is permitted before 10:00 AM or after 8:00 PM if conducted in a cleared area and a charged garden hose or a fire extinguisher is immediately available. No operation of welding or metal cutting equipment in any area adjacent to dry grass, brush, or trees.
5. Logging operations, including power saws, cable yarders, tractor/skidder, feller-buncher, forwarder, or shovel logging operations are allowed in accordance with ODF IFPL 3 restrictions. 6. Motor vehicles, motorcycles, and ATV’s are allowed only on improved roads with no flammable vegetation present. All such vehicles must be equipped with a fire extinguisher.