Fire crews from Goshen-Pleasant Hill Fire Districts responded to 34596 Seavey Loop Road on December 27, 2016 at approximately 5:45 am after a 911 call was received reporting a mobile home fire.
Upon arrival, the crews found a 2002 5th Wheel RV Hitchhiker with smoke showing from the bedroom area.
The sole female occupant and her three dogs escaped prior to the crews’ arrival. The fire, which was concentrated in the bedroom, was contained within 5 minutes of the crews’ arrival. No civilian or firefighter injuries were sustained as a result of the fire.
Goshen-Pleasant Hill Fire Districts responded with two engines, 2 water tenders, 15 firefighters and two Chief Officers. Crews from Dexter and South Lane Fire responded with mutual aid.
Units remained on scene for approximately 2 hours conducting overhaul operations. The cause of the fire appears to be an unattended candle.
Goshen-Pleasant Hill Interim Chief Steve Abel reminded homeowners within the Oaks’ Mobile Home Park to be sure they have working smoke detectors and never leave a candle unattended.
Goshen Firefighters recently installed over 100 smoke detectors within the Park thanks to a grant from the Oregon State Fire Marshall’s office.